Thursday, May 7, 2009

Swine Flu is going to get you!

So I am sure you guys have heard about this WHO rated phase 5 epidemic called Influenza H1N1 (swine flu is just not a very politically correct term to use people). If not, then I have no idea how you have been living in the 21st century.

But that aside, the National University of Singapore takes epidemics very seriously. So seriously in fact that every student needs to arrive one early for their exams to get their temperature taken and the professors will come by to each students during the exam to verify all their contact details. We also need to take individual responsibility for our health as well. That's right, every day we need to submit our temperature online so that NUS can accurately monitor the health of all of its students, exchange students included.

The Singapore government also takes swift action. They even quarantined Mexican citizens at the airport. With this piece of news, I am so so so tempted to make a politically incorrect joke about it and apply to the United States context, but I will restrain myself from that.

So if you didn't believe a thing I just said here is the proof:


So I take my temperature in the morning.



That is a good temperature to have.


And then I submit my temperature on NUS' online system. If we do not do this then we face expulsion from our apartment. I believe I do not want to do that.

So that's how it is rolled!

Til next time!

Best,

Kavanaugh

No comments:

Post a Comment